We believe in God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day He rose again from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy universal church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
The Apostles’ Creed (AD 2nd Century)
- We believe the Bible to be the only inerrant, authoritative Word of God (II Timothy 3:16).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:26, Acts 7:54-60, John 1:1).
- We believe God made the heavens, the earth, and man as related in the account of creation in the first two chapters of Genesis.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary (Titus 3:5).
- We believe salvation is by grace alone through faith alone (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 11:5-6).
- We believe faith without works is dead (Philippians 2:12, Ephesians 2:10, James 2:14-26).
- We believe the indwelling Holy Spirit enables the Christian to live a godly life (Romans 8:9, Galatians 5:22-25).
- We believe in the resurrection of the saved to eternal life and the lost to eternal damnation (Matthew 25:31-46).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (John 17, I Corinthians 12 and 14).
As a member of the Association of Classical Christian Schools (ACCS), Caritas Academy also subscribes to the ACCS statement of faith, which is found in that association’s by-laws.